Monday, July 11, 2011

How I Get Through My Day

Stretch: I'm loving Summer! We've plunged into all the Summer activities. 
With all the walking, swimming, baby chasing,
I haven't had time or really needed to exercise.
Instead, I've been doing these yoga stretches every morning.
They really get my body woken up
and ready to get moving for the rest of the day.




I know a lot of Christians steer clear of yoga
because it can turn into a religion.
For me personally, yoga is just about the great stretches
and I'm able to separate the two
much like many people do with karate.
In my history of stretching yoga style,
I find myself in deep in prayer with the Lord
because I'm so relaxed and at peace.
I actually don't use the video,
it's too distracting hearing about confidence and such.
I just do the stretches.


Eat a Satisfying Lunch:

Sometimes I just can't wait till dinner
to have something more than left-overs or a sandwich (all though I love both).
This following recipe is one of my favorite lunches.
I made it all the time when I was transitioning
to being vegan because it's so simple and coated with olive oil.
When you stop eating meat, your body starts craving fat and lots of it.
This is because meat is loaded with saturated fat and well, veggies have zero.

Between the peanut butter in the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
I'd have around and this dish, I was set.
I especially loved making it
when I'd put the girls down for their nap.
I'll relax, make this dish,
and then lay out on the couch
and curl these noodles around my fork.
Yum. Which brings me too...

UDON NOODLES. Heavens.
Why did it take me so long to discover these?
They are my new favorite food.
I love noodles of all kinds, pasta dishes rock,
but udon are my fav by far.
So creamy and delicious.
Thank you Japan for bringing us the Udon Noodle.

My mother-in-law has been requesting
I post this dish for a while.
I was hesitant to because
I eye ball the olive oil.
I keep adding, adding.
When you make this
make sure the noodles and veggies are well coated.
Sometimes I'll even add a drop of olive oil
once this is in my bowl.
Olive oil is good for the skin right?

Carrot and Zucchini Ribbon Pasta 
with Udon Noodles 
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Large Zucchinis
- Udon Noodles
- Olive Oil

Can it get more simple than that?


Peel the otter layer off the carrot.
Peel carrots and zucchinis into ribbons. 
 Beautiful. Look at that color!


Cook your udon noodles.
Udon Noodles are packaged with the noodles tied 
in about three bunches.
Cook two bunches. 



Over medium high heat in a large pan,
pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Throw in the carrots, coat them in the olive oil
and cook for a couple minutes.


Add zucchini. 
Coat vegetables in olive oil 
and cook a couple minutes longer
till vegetables are slightly soft. 



Add cooked udon noodles.
Add a couple more tablespoons olive oil
and coat noodles in the oil. 

Cover with a lid and let the noodles 
and the veggies get a little crispy.


Done!
Now eat up!


I don't think I'm all artsy or anything.
The group photo was just not working.
So I had to isolate a bite size. 

People, you don't understand how much I love this dish. 
I always think I'm a little crazy for loving it so much.
It's just so darn simple!
But last week my father-in-law said 
if he ate veggies cooked like that all the time, 
he'd have no problem washing dishes. Aw! 

Comic Relief: 

My Mommy Partner in Crime, Melissa,
just started a blog called So Help Me Lord.
Appropriately named, its about her maturity
through her motherhood struggles.
I'm in love with this blog
because she has all the problems that I,
and probably all stay at home moms have
(the walls are closing in on us,
we feel like there is no escape,
those kids are working against us).
Her posts always make me laugh out loud,
are uplifting and she shares everything with us,
all those embarrassing and painful moments
we all want desperately want to forget.


In Tropical Puke-adise she wrote about her first pregnancy
and how she puked all over Hawaii on vacation.
Yet, even though she hated pregnancy
and not being able to keep any food down,
she realized she was grateful for a healthy pregnancy
and she's willing to go through that all over again
because she loves her little boys.
Amazing.
Now that's the type of growth I need.
Her husband is a graphic design artist
and created her blog super cute.
Go check it out!
http://www.sohelpmelord.com/the-blog


Have a great week everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment