Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Bake Desserts

I live in paradise...from October till April. Once summer hits, I live a little closer to hell. I don't think I'm being extreme in describing my environment. 120℉ is hellish, right?

Well this week it's been a mere 105℉, which for us means lots of swimming and turning on the oven is close to mortal sin. So this summer, I'll be sharing some yummy dessert that don't require ovens.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

These treats are so delicious! They are a staple in our home. I made these all the time when I was transitioning to a vegan diet. Now I make them anytime I'm have a fatty craving. Between the peanut butter, graham cracker and chocolate, they satisfy any other craving I don't want to give into. Since it has no saturated fat and it has peanuts, these are loaded with good fat. But I wouldn't recommend binge eating them. No, no. But you must make them. They taste awesome!


The only vegan ingredient you will need for these is Earth Balance Butter. They call for maple sugar, but you can use any sugar you have. I actually don't put sugar in mine. Since there is sugar in the chocolate chips, sugar in the graham crackers and richness from the peanut butter, adding sugar makes it too much for me. But feel free to do whatever make you dance when you eat them. 
We used Trader Joe's Chocolate Chips, but there are lots of vegan chocolate chips floating around out there.  

Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles

I made these for the first time last night and they rocked the house! If you need to get some cheesecake in you, make these. So good!


You will need to get Toffuti Better Than Cream Cheese for these. Once you get over the terrible name you will realize how amazing this product is. Get out your inner Toffuti people! Or just pretend it's named something else. 



My incredibly cool cousin Cecilia made these for her vegan friend's birthday party. She said they were really good! She was surprised how easy it was to find Toffuti Cream Cheese. They just picked them up at her local Vons. 

Anyone got any favorite No Bake Desserts? Hope you all are staying cool!



0 comments:

Post a Comment