Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Husband's Pizza

It's Daniel, the Papa of Papa's tool shed's birthday!
We are having a weeks worth of celebrations over here
and I thought I'd share what I love about him
and one of my favorite pizza's that he makes for me. 


1) He helps me to relax. I'm high stress.
He helps me chill out and realize nothing is important enough to stress out about.
And if it is important, I probably can't do anything about it anyways, so why stress about it?


2) He's not a slacker. Okay, so because of #1,
you'd think I'd be well organized and meet all my deadlines right? Wrong.
Daniel is great at taking care of paperwork,
deadlines, organizing our house and
best of all, he handles all of our finances. Love it!


3) He's expects our girls to give life their all.
He teaches them to have manners, sit down while their eating,
go to bed at a reasonable time, not talk back, play hard, and be brave.
No sissy girls are coming out of this herd.



4) He's not afraid to change. I think one of the most important elements
of a working marriage is compromise, and with compromise comes the need to change a little.
He's willing to change for the good of our marriage! Horray! What a man.


5) He supports me no matter what. When Daniel met me,
I was all about all meat orgy pizza's. Dude, those pizzas
with about six differnt types of pig and cow are good.
Next thing he knew, he was married to a vegan.
Right away he was willing to give it a try,
and he never expects me to make him a seperate meal.
Thank you darling (refer to #4).


6) He makes the best vegan pizza. He used to work at Woodstocks,
the birth of his mad pizza skills.
Now that I'm vegan, I don't enjoy pizza's with vegan cheese.
He's found me great authentic Italian cheesless pizzas and calzones
that I love and that allow me to be vegan forever.

Happy Birthday! 

Tomato Pizza

Pizza Dough: I tried making Daniel's Pizza dough once and it didn't come out.
(I just don't have the skills)
This is the pizza dough I turn to. It's easy and delicious.

Daniel's sauce:

2 - 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes, strained
2 chopped garlic clove
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper

1) Put oil in sauce pan over medium high heat, bring the oil to smoking time.

2) Add garlic, tomatoes and oregano. Cook for about 6-8 minutes at high heat. Be careful around splattering oil.

3) Remove from heat and blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Toppings:

About 3 Large tomatoes (enough to cover the dough)
3 Large very thinly sliced garlic gloves
Dried oregon to sprinkle on top


I like to slice the top off of my tomatoes, 
flip the sliced side up and slice.
I find it easier to slice this way
rather than slicing against the skin.


Spread sauce on the dough.



Cover pizza with garlic, tomatoes and a sprinkle of oregano. 



Put Pizza at 425℉ for 20 minutes or until crust is crispy on the outside.
All ovens are different, it took Daniel a while to figure ours out. 



Slice and serve!

I like to dip mine in more sauce!
 Last time I ate this, I sautéed some arugula and put it on top. Really yummy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment