Monday, July 18, 2011

How I Get Through My Day

Summer Shoes

I finally got a new pair of shoes. 
Daniel is always raving about his Sanuks.
I was pretty sure that the only reason he talked about them so much 
was so he could hear himself say "Sanuk" over and over again.  
I was so wrong!
These shoes are so comfortable!
They are actually sandals covered with cloth.
They mold to your feet, so you forget you're wearing them.
We recently took the family to The Huntington Library in Pasadena.
We did lots of walking and it was a very hot day.
These shoes were breathable and my feet never got tired!
My new favorite shoe.
I picked up my super cute pair at a surf shop.
I'm not super big on the styles online. 



Get Some Art In

Family time in Pasadena was great,
but we were really in need of some grown up time,
and I needed my art fill.
So we went to the MOCA with my brother in LA.
The current exhibit is Street Art. 
It was incredibly cool. 

No, I'm not a dork, 
and I don't understand why you would think that.


There is an artist who left these little guys tiled all over the world.
I really want them for the back wash in our kitchen. 
Daniel isn't down though.
Oh well, space invader, you're going to have to find your home elsewhere. 


Outside the MOCA was a portable farmers market.
The herbs were on the bikes, and the bikes were parked to create this market.
Daniel was intrigued... 


Use Your Noodle

We've been playing lots of Rummikub lately.
I love this game. 
I've been playing it since I was six and it never seizes to captivate me. 
It's all about creating patterns, 
taking them apart to create more patterns. 
I play to win, so when I play, I get to a point when my brain actually hurts.
It's a muscle after all, and when I think so hard my brain flexes. 
No! I'm totally serious! 
I probably play this game just cause I like that feeling.
Yes! My brain is there! I can feel it!


These guys are the "jokers".
They used to totally freak me out.
I mean, come on, how freaky is this face? 


No Bake Desserts

This recipe from Oh She Glows is so cool because it is completely raw.
Her recipe includes raw carob chips as well,
but I cheated and used the chocolate chips we already had.
I threw them into my vegan ice cream for a delicious 
cookies and cream dessert. Yum!



Ingredients:
Cookie dough:
  • 1 3/4 cups ground raw cashews
  • 3/4 cup ground raw oats
  • 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil

Dough: Grind up raw cashews and raw oats in a food processor or blender. Place all cookie dough ingredients into a large bowl and mix by hand or with a spoon. OR simply place all ingredients in the processor and blend (why didn’t I do this!? lol). Mix until a dough forms and you can make a large ball. Refrigerate dough while you make the chocolate chips.

Place in fridge (if you have any left that is) to harden for about 30 mins. They get real hard! Make sure to refrigerate them on parchment paper or they will stick to the plate.

Also note, I cut the recipe in half to make a smaller batch. Don’t be too worried about getting exact measurements here. They will still turn out, promise.
The best part is the total prep time (not including freezing and refrigerating) was 10 minutes! So quick and easy. These would be amazing to whip up before guests come over or for a quick birthday gift.
Going to go play some Rummikub with the hubby. 
Seriously people, I'm not a dork. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment