Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Absolute Favorite Sandwich

Pre-Vegan I ate lots of tuna salad sandwiches with lots of mayo.
Yum! I thought those days were over. 
Thankfully, I've found a replacement that is free 
of mercury, cholesterol and that fishy taste. 
This is my go-to sandwich for traveling, play dates, 
park, beach, lunch at home, you name it. 
I love this sandwich!
It is supposed to mimic tuna salad sandwich 
but Melissa of So Help Me Lord
said it tasted like chicken salad sandwich. 
Either way, it's good!
You can make believe it is whatever you want it to be.
She loved it and requested the recipe.

Here it is!

- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 whole chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon pickled relish
- 1/4 cup vegenaise
(I like lots of vegenaise)
- sprinkle of salt

Feel free to add or omit ingredients to your liking! 

1) Smash chickpeas with the back of your fork. 
2) Mix in other ingredients.
3) Spread on your favorite bread and top with lettuce.
Done!

If you are making large quantities you could put it in a food processor. 
When I make it just for myself, I don't see a point dirtying more dishes, 
so I smash and chop everything myself. 



This sandwich is quick and so yummy!
Beans are what I call the "Skinny Protein"
because unlike meat, they don't contain fat 
and are loaded with fiber so they go right through you. 
And chickpeas are great beans because they have 
150 milligrams of calcium per serving! 
That's 32 milligrams more than whole milk!
Right on Chickpeas! 


Tonight we had Gardein Crispy Tenders 
dipped in spicy BBQ sauce with steamed greens.
I love this stuff! 
Tastes just like the real deal!
Where are those Gardein creators? 
I need to give them a hug. 

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Arisa,

What BBQ sauce did you use? I was at the store last week and spent 10 min reading various labels for BBQ sauce... so many start with sugar or have it has a primary ingredient. Is there any you'd recommend?

Post a Comment