Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Best Vegan Lasagna and My Embarrassing Kitchen Moment

I try to avoid posting recipies that are labor intensive.
But I couldn't resist posting this one because 
it's the BEST lasana I've had in a long time.
I could have this every week.
So many layers of yumminess.
The hubby and I were in heaven eating it up.
I think making lasana is labor intensive in the first place.

I also came up with a great lunch recipe 
with some of the left over ingredients. 
So that's it,
had to share it.

Besides, I really don't think it's that much work.
I mean, okay yeah, it's very involved.
But it's totally worth it.
Don't let this recipe scare you.
Watching this video with the chef herself helped me a lot!




The only ingredient in here you all are probably the most unfamiliar with is miso.
Miso is in lots of vegan cooking because it contributes great flavor.
It also is an amazing food because it prevents tumors
by blocking the blood flow to them.
How incredible is that?!
I'm definitely going to be sharing a
Miso Anti-Tumor Soup soon.
Although, I don't plan on calling it that.

When you buy miso, make sure you get organic
to ensure you aren't getting Miso made from GMOs.
Cold Moutnain is a great brand.
You can find it at your local health food store
or Asian Market.


You need the miso to make the ricotta cheese for the lasagna.
I thought the lasagna recipe called for too much ricotta cheese. 
So I left some out and made this quick yummy dish for lunch the next day. 

Pasta with Carrots, Peas and Ricotta

Olive Oil
1/2 pound cooked pasta
2 chopped carrots
1 cup peas
1 cup vegan ricotta cheese

Sauté carrots in the olive oil for a couple of minutes until slightly soft.
Add peas and cook for a few minutes longer 
until peas and carrots look slightly brown. 

If I had had left over vegetable oil, 
I would have thrown a couple tablespoons in for flavor.


Add pasta.
Mix well.


Add ricotta cheese.
Get all those ingredients mixed well together.
Turn off heat.


That's it! 
Totally done. 
Crazy fast, easy and delicious!

Great way to sneak veggies into your toddler's
(and husband's) lunch. 


That just happened

I never knew why you were not supposed to put dish soap 
instead of dish washing soap into dishwashers. 
Now I know why. 
I grabbed the wrong bottle from the closet by accident and well, 
the result was an accident in the kitchen.
I still don't understand how two dish soaps can be so different.


My husband is so great.
I think he understands my Lucy Ricardo brainless moments by now.
He just cleaned up the mess,
all while he shook his head and smiled. 
Thanks babe.

And now you know how teeny tiny our kitchen is!
This is one half of it. 
My hubby put in an Ikea kitchen before we moved in.
I love it! It's totally perfect for me.
If I had a bigger space, I'd just make a bigger mess
(enter Daniel nodding his head).
Just goes to show you great food can come out of little spaces.
Yes, by saying that I mean both
the little kitchen and my little Lucy Ricardo head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment