Monday, June 13, 2011

How I Get Through My Day

In our house, Monday's are Mandatory-Get-Our-House-Clean days. Here are some of  the things I do to get through the day.

Eat a good breakfast
I'm pretty good at sneaking veggies. My two year old loves these.

Green Strawberry Shakes
1/2 heaping cup strawberries (fresh are best or rinsed well if frozen)
1/2 of banana
1 Tablespoon Almond Butter or nut butter of your choice
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup water
2 cups lettuce (or spinach) 


Yesterday I made it with blueberries and different proportions. If the right texture isn't there, this shake doesn't work. I couldn't stand it. But Thérèse loved it. She drank hers, and then she drank mine.
She loved it so much that she put on music and danced while she ate it. 






I used to make my shakes with protein powder. I've tried lots of different powders, but mostly they just make me feel bloated. It only takes eight amino acids to make a complete protein. Bananas have all eight! So between the bananas and nut butter, this shakes ranks high in the protein.

Exercise
I don't always get to, but I love to start my days off exercising. Working out gets me ready to chase my babies around (by warming up my muscles) and gets my blood flowing. But I think the best part is the deep breathing. If I can't exercise in the morning, I like to get in a couple stretches and take a couple minutes to get in some good, steady, deep breathing. Really helps to energize and cut tension.

I work out with Tracy Anderson. She is fantastic, superb, I can't say enough about her. I have her post pregnancy work out and I love it! It's set to classical music which is nice if you have babies around. She doesn't talk to much so you really have to pay attention to what she is doing. But she is great 'cause she focuses on giving you a dancers body, compete with long muscles.
I now do her dance aerobic work out too. I'll put in the dvd, and skip around to different songs. If I can get 15 minutes in, I'm happy. 

Here is a sample work out she made. Beware! It's intense!


We couldn't stand looking at her undie thingy so I broke down and gave her a modesty skirt. Hehe.

Keep up with the work
My mother-in-law found this checklist. I now try to stick to it. It makes long term clean-up much easier.
Click on the picture to visit the site. 


Snack-Up!
I'm constantly hungry. I've always been this way. Always needing to eat. If my blood sugar level drops too low, I get tired and cranky. Since we don't have packaged snacks around, I'm always looking for something quick to make. Here is one of my favorites.


Toasted Ezekiel bread with butter, avocado slices and a little salt sprinkled on top. Sometimes I add sliced tomatoes on top too, but some days I don't have time for that!

How do you get through your day? Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment