Sunday, June 12, 2011

Books We Love: Summer Reads

Motherhood can be monotonous. Between the diaper changing, dish washing and clothes scrubbing, I realized I was slowly going brain dead. So my new years resolution this year was to read more. I've actually been fulfilling my new years resolution! I know, isn't that amazing? Here are some of my favorite books I've read over the last six months.


Jane Eyre is by definitely one of the best books I've ever read. It manages to be both about a strong independent girl who proves repeatedly that she doesn't need a man to survive, while still being a sweet romance. This book is full of beautiful lines. The first fifty pages are downright depressing, but it's worth getting through.


After I finished the book, we went to see the movie. I've heard lots of great things about the BBC version, but we wanted to catch this one while it was still in theaters. My husband was in awe. I'm pretty sure if he had seen this before he had asked me to marry him, he would have stollen Mr. Rochester's proposal. 


This book is about a girl trying to figure out what she wants out of life after a trip to Italy. All the characters in this book are fantastic, but what really steals the show is Forster's prose.


This book is for anyone looking for a straight up romance. The Pioneer Woman never seizes to win us over through her humor. 



If you want to read a good murder mystery Agatha Christie is the queen of her genre. I love her Miss. Marple series mostly because when I'm decrepit, I hope I'm just like her. 


Hope you all got your family time in this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment