Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fajitas!

I wasn't going to post today, 
but last night my father-in-law made these delicious fajitas 
and I had to share them. 
I'm actually munching on them right now for lunch. Yum! These flavors rock.

These are inexpensive and super satisfying. I ate one and I was full. What? He served them up with spanish rice and a whole wheat tortilla.


Vegan Fajitas
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
garlic salt to taste
1 tsp. white sugar
2 small zucchini, julienned
2 small yellow squash, julienned
1 large onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips (I used 2 red peppers instead of a green, since I don't care for green peppers)
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (I used frozen corn, thawed)
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained

Directions:
1. In a large bowl combined olive oil, vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and sugar. To the marinade add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and peppers. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 24 hours.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the vegetables and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high for 5 minutes to brown vegetables.
3. Add to your favorite tortilla (try the uncooked variety, which you cook over your stove--it makes all the difference!)

My mother-in-law found this recipe over at Peachtree Cooking. Crazy good! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment