Thursday, June 16, 2011

Healthy Alternatives


Here are a couple of realistic alternatives to food you eat everyday. You can find them at your heath food store, but they are getting more and more common now that mainstream supermarkets are starting to carry them as well. 


This butter tastes just like the real deal, but it's made out of oils so it won't clog your arteries the way it's traditional counter- part would. 



Vegan would be out of the question for me if Vegenaise didn't exist. When I was in high school, I'd make pasta, and throw in some grilled chicken, grated cheese, bread crumbs and lots and lots of mayonnaise. Haha. Yup, there is a fat kid living inside of me. Vegenaise tastes just like mayo but doesn't make me pack on the pounds or feel tired afterwards. 

One of my favorite ways to eat Vegenaise is by eating a vegan BLAT. When I was transitioning to a vegan diet I would eat these all the time. Filling, yummy and totally satisfying. 


If you are making a vegan BLAT get Tempeh Bacon. I love Tempeh Bacon! It's made out of whole grains and the ingredients are short and straight forward. Great source of fiber since it is made from whole grains. So so good! Daniel's not into it, but my two-year-old and I could eat this stuff all day. It satisfies my bacon craving, and let me tell you, I was getting that craving a lot! 



I make a "deconstructed" BLAT for my toddler. I left out the lettuce this time. She loves tempeh bacon!


I'll be sharing my favorite french toast recipe tomorrow! Until then,

0 comments:

Post a Comment