Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seitan Piccata

On our recent trip to NYC, we hit up Candle 79. People are always raving about their Seitan Piccata, their take on Veal Piccata. No seriously, this dish gets lots of buzz, so I had to find out what all the hype was all about. It did not disappoint! All the flavors were fantastic!

Here, Daniel is devouring a seaweed, excuse me, sea vegetable salad. He loves sea vegetables. I, on the other hand, am just learning how to have an appetite for them. 

He had it with a chia seed drink. He is obsessed with the greatness of the chia seed. I'm going to have to have him blog about them soon. 

We recently celebrated our third wedding Anniversary. Yes, I know, thank you. Three years is such a long time.

Our anniversary fell on a Monday so we decided to celebrate in house. Wanting to eat a really delicious meal, I found the coveted Seitan Piccata recipe

 Seitan (pronounced Say-Tan) is a vegan meat substitute. It's made from wheat gluten and it's very high in protein. It's not something I cook with. Ever. But I made an exception with this dish. The texture  is similar to chicken and I was very satisfied. I'm going to be working it into more of my dishes.

Now I'm one busy Mama, I have two girls ages two and eight months. I don't have time to slave in the kitchen. So I blended the cream in the morning and cooked the potatoes in the afternoon. After we put the girls to bed, it only took me about 30 minutes to assemble the dish. It was so good! We woke up the next morning remembering how great the flavors were! 

Mmmmmm.....Just looking at the picture is making my mouth water. 
With the left-overs, I made some for my mom the following day. 
She couldn't believe how great it was.    


Until next time, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment