Friday, June 17, 2011

French Toast

Tofu. How weird is tofu? It's spongy, bland and not appetizing. When I became, vegan I was determined to do so without tofu and it's weird personality. So over rated, I didn't need it. But as it turns out, tofu's quirky characteristics is what makes it great. It's spongy texture absorbs all the flavors of a dish and contributes a creamy texture. Why thank you, tofu. 

Here is my absolutely favorite French Toast recipe. The first time I made this recipe, I made it a few days after trying a traditional French Toast from a new cookbook. It had all the normal ingredients, eggs, and milk. It was good, but to my surprise, the vegan one tasted better! Holy cow, The Brown Rice Syrup in this dish makes it perfectly sweet. Oh my goodness it is so so good! I even make it with Ezekiel Bread and it manages to make the hearty bread taste delicious. I couldn't ask for anything more from a french toast. 


Blend all the ingredients. Since it calls for firm tofu, I use a blender to get the batter just right.


Super creamy and simple. Love it! 


I put way more maple syrup than this, but I was kind of in a hurry to dig in so I didn't get that picture! I made Daniel some french toast with white bread since he isn't big on Ezekiel. But he later told me he actually preferred the Ezekiel with his french toast now! Alright! 

This is a great breakfast to serve your daddy on Father's Day if he's trying to watch his cholesterol. My mother-in-law taught me a trick: Don't tell them it's vegan till after they have finished the dish. Chances are, they won't notice! 

When working with tofu, try and get organic whenever possible to ensure no GMO's. 

Happy Eating! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment