Friday, June 24, 2011

Dips: When I dip you dip we dip

Dips, they are basically my favorite thing about a party. When I was in middle school I used to make a dip mixing sour cream, hot sauce and grated cheese. Yum. But that avenue of my life is over, and now I'm looking for a different brand of dips. 
These are all dips I'll mix up for home use 
so I can have a quick creamy and crunchy snack at my finger tips.
They are all loaded with protein and are good for you!  



Oh boy, this dip is gooood. Very creamy with a nice nutty taste to it. The flavors in here are delicious!


Spinach and White Bean Dip

I got this recipe from Real Simple Magazine and thought it was, well, bland. Sorry Real Simple. So I added 1 tablespoon more lemon and about 1/4 cup more dill. I would have added more dill if I had had some. Feel free to play with the ingredients as well. The reslut is a delicious way to eat your spinach!


I made this when we were at a family vacation in Sedona last fall. It was so good, my husband's friend cleaned out the bowl. Looking at this recipe, I'm realizing I totally didn't follow it. 

Here is what I made:

1 can rinsed cannelloni beans
1-2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 tablespoon lemon
salt to taste

Mash beans with a fork and mix in ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips. 


I know chili isn't a dip, but I'm including it anyway because I serve it on top of a big bowl of tortilla chips. 
I've tried lots of different chili's and this is the best! So good, I never get tired of it. Daniel made it for his linguistics class last night and his Professor called him the "Vegetarian Chili King". Because this chili is loaded with so many chunky veggies, it's hard to notice it's missing meat. 

When I make this I eliminate the serrano peppers and go easy on the spices since our toddler feigns death anytime she eats anything remotely spicy. It's a great way to get kids to eat colorful veggies!

Daniel's friend from high school mentioned us in her blog! Check out her cute blog about newly married life. She posted some reef flip flops I told Daniel I'm getting this week. I'm trying to avoid leather, but recycled leather? Well, I can't pass that up.

Have a great weekend you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment