Monday, August 1, 2011

How I Get Through My Day


Five Minute Face

I've finally perfected my five minute face.
When I'm in a rush, but I want to look semi done up,
I wash my face, I dot on concealor, 
put on tinted moisturizer, eye liner, mascara,
blush on check bones and sides of my forehead, nose, chin,
done.

I'm loving using tinted moisterizer.
Right now I'm using Mary Kay moisterizer with color and sunscreen,
so it's perfect for summer. 
Having the three in one really cuts back on time.




Quick Lunch

I found this recipe  on Healthy Tipping Point.
I love that blog! Makes me want to go out for a run.
Her recipe looks crazy delicious.
I toned my version down a lot 
because I didn't want to turn on my oven.
It turned out to be a great quick lunch for us.
It had everything we need in it to fill and energize us.

Santa Fe Rice

1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- one can kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons vegan cheese

Heat oil in pan and saute onion till translucent.


Mix in bell pepper and beans.
Heat for a few minutes till beans are warmed 
and bell pepper is slightly cooked.


Mix in cooked rice and grated cheese. 
Cook until cheese has melted.


That's it!
It was a yummy complete meal and my todder
enjoyed it as well.

Leisure Reading

I've been wanting to get into another novel, 
but haven't been able to lately because of lack of time.
 I haven't had the attention span for a movie lately, either.
My new favorite way to kick back is to open up a Tin Tin book.
I love graphic novels because they engage all the senses
(yes, they have sound effects too). 
They are so cool to read
and for a few minutes I'm able to go on Tin Tin's adventures 
and forget my responsibilities.
I said for a few minutes.

Oh, Tin Tin, alwasy getting into trouble
and miraculously escaping.



Family Time

This fall we are going to be incredibly busy
so we're trying to get in as much family time as possible.
Being a stay at home mom
it's easy to get stuck in the monotony of housework, 
cooking, feedings, and diaper changes.
Sometimes I find it's more important to let the dishes go
and live in the moment with my little girls.


Their smiles get me every time!
Her eyes are so dark, I can always see my reflection.
Check out that beautiful clear sky!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment