Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Bake Desserts: Ice Cream Cake

I love Ice Cream Cake.
I've been dreaming this one up for several days now.
It definitely met expectations!
The graham cracker crust was totally crumbly.
The only way I know how to make a solid crust 
is to bake the graham crackers,
and I didn't want to turn on my oven.
So, instead, the graham crackers kind of ended up being a topping. 
Let me tell you, it didn't jeopardize the taste at all.
It added a nice crunch.



Ice Cream Cake

Crust:
22 Graham cracker squares
2 Tablespoons peanut butter

Filling:
4 cups vegan ice cream
1/2 cups chocolate chips

Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegan milk

I used Rice Dream Neapolitan ice cream.
We really this in our house.


Crust:
Pulse graham cracker crumbs with peanut butter
in a food processor.
Layer crumbs on a 9x9 in baking dish.
I lined mine with parchment paper.


Filling:
Puree ice cream until creamy.
Mix in chocolate chips.
Loved biting into a chocolate chip in this cake.



Layer ice cream on top of graham cracker crust.


Ganache:
In a small sauce pan
mix chocolate chips and vegan milk.
I used almond milk.
Spread that on top of the ice cream.
We are big on chocolate in this house.
Really, we can't get enough.

My toddler started submerging the ganache into the ice cream.
When baking with toddlers,
sometimes beauty goes out the window.


Store in freezer for at least three hours or until ice cream hardens
and then eat up!
Oh my goodness this was good.
I can't wait to come up with more ice cream cakes.
Is it possible to get them wrong?

0 comments:

Post a Comment