Thursday, September 1, 2011

Healthy Inspiration

If you are needing inspiration to jump into a plant based diet check out Forks Over Knives.




Daniel and I watched Forks over Knives this week and we both loved it.
If you watch this movie,
you will immedietly want to throw out your meat,
grab your shovel and launch a garden.
Okay, maybe not that extreme,
but it really will make you question what you are consuming.




This movie is on the long side because it is packed
with facts, research and personal testimonies.
It explains why milk is not a good source of calcium
(I had read that before, but now I get it thanks to their visuals).
The statistics are wonderful too.
People are always telling me,
 "Why eat greens and avoid soda? Cancer is everywhere, in everything."
Thank the Lord for this movie, it proves those people wrong.
Bonus: In the documentary they visit a fire house filled with ripped vegan firemen.
How about that?
And a vegan UFC fighter feeding his adorable baby?
Just go ahead, melt my heart and sign my life over
to vegan cooking why don't you?
But the best part of this movie is the realization
that my health fate is in my hands.
That's powerful!

It's on instant on Netflix. Check it out!

I made this pesto because I had a bag full of arugula.
Arugula is so so good for you, and this recipe has it paired with basil,
so speaking of cancer, this pesto has major cancer fighting properties.



Photo from Gourmet Sleuth


Arugula Pesto:

2 cups baby arugula
1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 1/2 teaspoons white or yellow miso
1/3 cup blanched almonds
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoons salt

Blend in food processor.
Serve with Pasta.




Also, I've opened up my comments to everybody (not just those with Gmail and blogger accounts).
Please comment questions, successful moments, links for recipies, comments.
I'd love your imput! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment