Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Best Fried Vegan Eggplant


    Now that Daniel doesn't work on Saturdays anymore (we are still getting used to this greatness!) we are able to get down and party on the weekends! Which is why I spent all morning in the kitchen on Saturday. I made quiche, date bread and fried eggplant (all vegan). My in-laws took the girls for a couple hours and it was so great getting to cook without interruptions. Super therapeutic. So glad I got married so I could be forced to cook, so I would learn I love to cook! 

     Did you get your party moves on this weekend?


      Oh, just so you know, sensory boxes are made to be played INSIDE OF. I know, it's confusing since we were always taught sensory boxes were for senses connected to your hands, but as it turns out, it is much more fun to get inside of a sensory box and pick the beans out of your toes. This is the only way to do it folks. 


      I was out of diced tomatoes, so my eggplant was sauceless. I actually ended up enjoying it this way. I was able to appreciate the flavors of the eggplant and pasta more. This is the best my eggplant has ever come out. Yesssss, I'm actually getting better at this! Love it!


Fried Eggplant

1 Eggplant sliced
Salt
1 cup rice milk
2 cup flour
4 tablespoons Italian Style breadcrumbs
Olive Oil for frying

Spaghetti and fresh parsley for serving


1) Rub both sides of your eggplant slices with salt. Lay them on a cloth in a single layer and let them sit and sweat it out for a good hour.
2) Mix together your flour and breadcrumbs. Heat your pan up. 
3) Dip your eggplant in milk then in the flour mixture. Fry on lightly oiled pan at medium high heat till crispy, about 5 - 10 minutes, turning once. 
3) Serve on top of spaghetti pasta lightly tossed with EVOO (optional) and sprinkled with fresh parsley. 

Yummy!!


    I'm incredibly boring when it comes to my hair. I have a messy bun look and a down look. That's it. Today I decided to live a little and I did an up-do that I found on Pintrest. I'm definitely going to be doing more of these. I loved that it was out of my way, the baby couldn't grab it and I was semi stylish. Thank you Pintrest!

   Papa's Toolshed Mama's Kitchen now has a Pintrest page! Scroll to the top of our blog and click to follow us! Great way to track our recipes and DIYs.

   Have you reached a sad point in your life when you are excited to go to bed at 9pm? Not sad. Just full. I live a full life. With my fools. Okay, I'm stopping now.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm making this ASAP. i love vegan eggplant!!!! don't even miss the parm!

Post a Comment